Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Never use the hotel dresser drawers


Summary: Using the luggage rack reduces lost items
Cost: Free

Nearly every hotel room has a folding luggage rack to hold your suitcase. When you get to your room grab this thing out of the closet and put your suitcase on it. When I have hanging clothes (suits, etc) I'll hang them in the closet and put the luggage rack in there with them. To get my suitcase I have to 'see' the hanging clothes as well.


Tip: Anything invisible will be left behind in the hotel room.


I carry a mesh dirty-clothes bag to hold the dirty clothes so they are separate from the clean clothes. I will usually hang this from the luggage rack that holds my suitcase (or chair if it is on a chair). All clothes are either in the suitcase or in the bag -not on the floor or anywhere else they are likely to turn invisible.


Your preparation for check-out is faster, you will *never* leave clothing behind in the hotel room again.

If you have work-out clothes or swimsuits that need to hang out in the bathroom consider adding a reminder tag to your suitcase.

No comments: