Saturday, April 5, 2008

Meds Reminder

Summary: Reminder system for medications
Cost: Free!


I have a little pillbox for travel so the storage and reminder is built in. This works great and a 7 day box holds meds and vitamins needed for my typical trip.

I had the problem of not being able to remember if I took my prescription meds that evening or not, but a pillbox is kind of a pain for daily meds - so I came up with a simple home system that tracks my meds using the bottles they come in. (This works great for me because mine are one-a-day meds). No more refilling pill containers and no worries that you've forgotten today's meds or risk of double-dosing.

Keys to this approach: Very visual reminder, self-updating when you do the task.




Instructions:
Make a chart with the days of the week (or times) in large squares with a marker and paper. Use bigger paper if you take a lot of meds.

Use:

As you take the dose of medication you just put the bottle in the next slot. This system would of course also work for vitamins, supplements, etc. if the bottles are a managable size.

History:
I came up with this system about 10 months ago and it has worked just great. I did replace the paper once when it got wet - can't beat the cost of this system.

No comments: